Household Trash and Recycling
The Town of Burgaw contracts trash and recycling through GFL who is responsible for collection, carts, dumpsters and extra paid pick-ups.
Trash is picked up every Wednesday and recycling is picked up every other Wednesday on a rotating schedule. All roll carts must be by the curb no later than 7 AM. If a holiday falls on a Wednesday, please see the schedule by GFL or call Town Hall at (910) 259-2151 for new pick-up dates.
- GFL allows one extra bag standard 13g bag to be placed beside roll cart.
- Cardboard needs to be broken down inside your roll cart, if it is too big to fit inside please put it between your trash and recycle roll cart for pick-up. Public Works will not pick-up extra cardboard.
- Additional charged pick-ups by GFL can be scheduled through Town Hall or Public Works.
- Charged pick-ups are $2 per additional bag, up to 6 bags. For 7-10 bags it is a flat $15 fee. Charged pick-ups can not be scheduled on trash day, they must be scheduled in advance.
- You must call at least 24 hours in advance to schedule extra pick-ups, or for missed pick-ups.
- Missed trash and recycle requests must be called in no later than Thursday 3 PM. All missed pick-ups are done Friday by GFL. Missed pick-ups cannot be scheduled on Friday, if you think your trash has been missed please call Town Hall or Public Works as soon as possible to schedule a missed pick-up.
- For broken, lost or stolen carts please call Town Hall or use our online form. This form is for residents inside Burgaw Town limits who are actively paying for trash collection.