Street Lights

Duke Progress Energy maintains street lights in the Town of Burgaw. You can use their online form to report a streetlight that has gone out or is damaged. This form will allow you to zoom in on specific street lights and report them as out or broken.

If possible please write down the pole number to help speed up the repair process. All repairs are done by Duke Energy Progress and they will send emails on the status of your request if you chose to provide your email.

Reporting Hazardous Conditions

If there is a hazardous condition such as a wire hanging low or lying on the ground, please call Duke Energy immediately at 800.POWERON (800.769.3766).

The first rule of safety is do not touch a power line or anything touching a power line, such as tree limbs, tools and toys. Even power lines that have fallen may be dangerous and should not be moved or disturbed.